What to Expect at Zion Lutheran of Everett
When you walk through our doors, you will feel the warmth. Where does that warmth come from? It comes from a small congregation where everyone knows each other’s name and cares about one another. Nowhere in the Bible does it say you need to worship with hundreds of people. Instead Jesus said, “for where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them”. If you are looking for a large congregation, we wish you well in your search because we don’t fit that definition.
We don’t care what you wear, where you live or how you make your living. We’re a group of parishioners who come together to worship God and ask for his forgiveness.
Haven’t been to Zion Before? Here’s some guidance on what you should expect…
- Friendly people: We LOVE it when new people visit. Because we’re small, we notice first-time visitors so don’t be overwhelmed if numerous people say hello.
- Informal atmosphere: We want you to feel relaxed when you come so feel free to wear whatever is comfortable. Our dress code is simple: wear something.
- Short Sermons: Have you been tempted to fall asleep during a long-winded sermon? Not at Zion! Our Pastor does short sermons because she wants you to hear the message.
- Rotating rooms: We believe in worshiping Christ in various settings so don’t be surprised if we aren’t in the sanctuary when you come (we’ll have signage so you don’t get lost)
- Family-oriented: If you bring your kids, they’ll feel right at home! They can stay through the sermon, if necessary you may excuse yourself to the preschool room for privacy.
- Diversity: All are welcome. As stated in Colossians 3:11, “Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all”.
- Fellowship: After the service, head to the narthex and grab a cup coffee/cookie then sit wherever you’d like! We promise not to speak publicly. Just visit with the people at your table.
If you have any specific questions, contact us. We hope to meet you this Sunday!